Total calories: 414
Today I wanted to share with you a healthy recipe I found online that I modified to make it healthier and a better fit to my diet. I love chicken pad thai, I love it so much that I would eat it every day. However, it contains a lot of calories, so I decided to modify the recipe so that I would cut a few. I decided to eliminate the chicken and replace it with tofu. Finally, I decided to replace the noodles with zucchini.
Ingredients (For two people):
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Half of a white onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 large zucchini (one zucchini for each person)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- Half of a lime
- Peanuts as liked
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- In a big wok on medium heat, cook the chopped onion in olive oil until translucent. Then add the garlic until fragrant. In case you do not have any garlic cloves, you can use garlic owder, it will taste delicious anyways.
- Once the onion is cooked, place the tofu cut small in the wok, and leave it inside until it reaches the fragrancy you like.
- Since that step two is going to take a while, trim the end of the zucchini and cut the zucchini in thin and long pieces, like noodles.
- Once the tofu is ready, push aside the ingredients in the wok in order to create a hole. Crack an egg into it and allow it to cook for a few seconds. Scramble the egg into large chunks.
- Then, toss the zucchini noodles in it. This will be hard because the wok will be full by the time you toss them in, so you have to make sure to turn the content so that the zuchini are on the bottom.
- Boil some water and then dump some peanut butter in order to create a peanut butter sauce. Then dump it in the wok.
- Add shredded peanuts as liked and it is ready to serve!